Refresher courses related to research activities
- Stochastic Structural Dynamics offered by Profs J. K. Li and G. I. Shueller, Institute tor Computational Engineering, Vevey, Lausanne, 26-30 Maggio, 1986.
- The Finite Element Method offered by Prof. K.J. Bathe, Politecnico di Torino, Torino, Ottobre 1987.
- Strutture in Acciaio offered by Prof. G. Ballio ed al., Cism, Udine, Giugno 1988.
- Metodi di Calcolo in Campo Anelastico e a Rottura offered by Prof. G. Maier et al., Politecnico di Milano, 24-28 Ottobre, 1988.
- Computer Aided Optimal Design of Structures, offered by Prof. C. Cinquini et al., European Programme for Advanced Education, 4-8 Settembre 1989.
- Calcolo Strutturale: Introduzione all'Utilizzo di Software Specializzato, offered by Prof. A. Cauvin et al., Corso Cilea, 11-13 Dicembre 1989.
- Nonlinear Finite Element Analysis offered by Profs T.J.R. Hughes e T. Belytschko, Institute for Computational Engineering, Munich, 2-6 Dicembre, 1991.
- Modelling and Analysis of Reinforced Concrete Structures for Dynamic Loading offered by Prof. P. Gergely et al., Cism, Udine, 28 Giugno-2 Luglio, 1993.
- Integrity Loss Analysis of Material and Structures offered by Prof. R. de Borst, Dottorato di Ricerca in Ingegneria delle Strutture, Politecnico di Milano, 16-20 Maggio, 1994.
- Bracing of Steel Structures offered by Proff. J. A. Yura e T.A. Heiwig and sponsored by Structural Stability Research Council, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, 11-12 Giugno, 1997.
- Model Based and Symptom Based Diagnosis of Structures offered by Prof. H. G. Natke, Politecnico di Torino, Torino, Italia, 4-6 Maggio, 1998.
- Course on Modal Analysis: Theory and Practice offered by Prof. W. Heylen and Prof. P. Sas, Department of Mechanical Engineering, K.U. Leuven, Belgium, 19-20 September, 2002.
- Cable-Stayed and Suspension Bridges offered by Prof. Pier Giorgio MALERBA et al., Politecnico di Milano, Italy, 20-23 June, 2006.
- New Approaches to Analysis and Testing of Mechanical and Structural Systems offered by Prof. Oreste S. Bursi and Dr. David J. Wagg, CISM, Udine, Italy, 18-22 June, 2007.
- Simulation Techniques for Applied Dynamics offered by Martin Arnold and Werner Schiehlen, CISM, Udine, Italy, 17-21 September, 2007.
- Advanced Nonlinear Strategies for Vibration Mitigation and System Identification offered by Alexander F. Vakakis, CISM, Udine, Italy, 26-20 June, 2008.
- Computational Fluid-Structure Interaction offered by Wolfgang A. Wall, CISM, Udine, Italy, 6-10 September, 2010.
Prof. Bursi has taken part continuously to laboratory activities. As a matter of fact, he collaborated to the constitution of the Materials and Structures Test Laboratory. More specifically, he designed a hydraulic system devoted to servo-controlled actuators and designed testing equipments to test steel, steel-concrete composite members and substructures. He contributed also to the development of instruments and programs for data acquisition. Moreover, he devoted himself to problems relevant to the monitoring of structures. Finally, he devoted particular attention to the training of the technical staff, providing fundamental knowledge of mechanics and theory of measures.
Since 1999, he is contributing to the design and construction of the strong floor, reaction wall and hydraulic system for the new Materials and Structures Test Laboratory of the University of Trento. The hydraulic system has the following general characteristics: maximum flow of 1500 1/min; engaged power of 600 kW; and work pressure of 21 MPa.
Membership to international and national scientific committees
Member of COST ACTION F3 - Structural Dynamics.
Member of COST ACTION C-12 - Improving buildings' structural quality by new technologies.
Member of ICONS (Innovative seismic design Concepts for New and existing Structures).
Membership to technical societies.
International Association for Experimental Structural Engineering (IAESE).
American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME).
American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE).
European Association for Structural Dynamics (EASD).
European Mechanics Society (EUROMECH).
European Association for the Control of Structures (EASC).
European Association for Earthquake Engineering(EAEE).
The International Society for the Interaction of Mechanics and Mathematics(ISIMM).
Italian Association for Seismic Engineering(ANIDIS).
Associazione Italiana di Meccanica Teorica ed Applicata (AIMETA).
Collegio dei Tecnici dell'Acciaio (CTA).